The Victorian state government has announced Circuit Breaker Support Package to assist small and medium business and sole traders under the circuit breaker restrictions that were announced on 27 May 2021.
There are 2 programs, which include:
- The Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two providing $2,500 or $5,000 grants for eligible employing and non-employing businesses in sectors most impacted. This includes businesses operating in an industry that cannot operate under the circuit breaker restrictions and which cannot work remotely, and;
- The Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund which provides $3,500 or $7,000 grants. If you are registered correctly, Business Victoria will be email directly with an application form for the grant.
The program is open for applications from Thursday 3 June 2021 and will remain open for applications for three weeks.
The grant amounts payable will be determined by:
- The business’ industry sector
- The business’ location
- Businesses that were subject to restrictions between 28 May 2021 up to and including 3 June 2021 will be eligible for funding
- Businesses that were subject to restrictions between 28 May 2021 up to and including 3 June 2021 and further restrictions from 4 June 2021.
To be eligible for the above grants you must have a valid Australian business number (ABN) for your business in one of these eligible business sectors. The ANZSIC class linked to your ABN registration must be one of these eligible sectors.
If you have any questions regarding the following information, please contact Darren Williams on 9098 4202, or your BKM representative.
More information about the grant can be found in the following link: