Have you missed work/closed your business due to getting tested for COVID or due to the isolation periods that come after this test? There may be a solution for you, as the state government of Victoria have announced a COVID-19 $450 Test Isolation Payment.
To be eligible for this payment you will need to be:
- Over the age of 17; and
- Have been tested for COVID-19 or are the carer of someone who has been tested for COVID-19; and
- Currently reside in Victoria; and
- Are likely to have worked or undertaken paid work during the relevant period of self- isolation and are unable to work as a result of
- The requirement to self –isolate and stay in isolation following the test for COVID-19; or
- To care for someone who is required to self-isolate and stay in isolation following a test for COVID-19; and
- Will not be receiving or have not received any income, earnings or salary maintenance from work as a result of not being able to work during the period of self-isolation at home; and
- Have insufficient sick and/or carers leave entitlements including any special pandemic leave or have no entitlement to such leave; and
- Are not receiving Australian Government income support such as the Jobseeker payment or be an employee subject to the JobKeeper payment during the period of self-isolation.
To receive this payment you will need to have had your COVID test on or after 23 July 2020 and provide:
- Proof of identity (e.g. Victorian driver’s license, Victorian Seniors Card, Victorian Proof of Age Card or passport)
- If you are a visa holder with work rights you will need to provide a copy of your Visa Entitlement Verification Online documentation (VEVO)
- Evidence you are employed (e.g. a payslip, letter of employment or letter of offer) or self-employed (e.g. a valid Australian Business Number)
A link to the form is https://businessvic.secure.force.com/PublicForm?id=eic19p2020#no-back-button